Preparing and Mailing a List (For Dummies)
If youre struggling with the whole address verification process, then youve come to the right place. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to ensure that your addresses get scrubbed with minimal effort on your part.
1. Start a FREE Trial of CASS-Certified Scrubbing. Starting a free trial with us will allow you to experience address verification first-hand, and find out just how easy CASS is to use. For additional steps on how to start your free trial, go to the following blog post:
- How to Start a Free Trial of CASS-Certified Scrubbing . This post shows you, step-by-step, how to set up an account with us, to start your free trial, and to begin uploading your address lists onto the server. After starting your free trial, move on to step two.
2. Upload your List of Addresses. If you dont know how to upload a list, the following post will be very helpful for you:
3. Purchase More Queries. When your free trial runs out, you will need to purchase more queries in order to continue having your addresses scrubbed and verified. Not sure what queries are or how they work? Have a look at this post:
How to Upload a List of Addresses . This post provides easy-to-follow instructions for uploading your list of addresses into the system for scrubbing.
After following the steps, if you find that your list could not be processed , youll need to make some changes to your list format. Review the following post to learn how to make the changes necessary that will nearly always get your list processed:
My List Couldnt Be Processed... What Do I Do? This post outlines common reasons lists can't be processed, how to fix these problems, and how to avoid such issues in the future.
How Do Queries Work? This post will give you all the information you need about purchasing queries.
4. Download and Unzip your List. Most likely, your list finished processing just minutes after you submitted it. Your next step is to download and unzip the files attached to your list. If you have no idea what that means or how to do it, this next post will get you on the right track!
How do I Download/Unzip My Processed List? Here, you will find all the directions needed to access your list after it has been processedevery step from logging into your account to extracting your list, is presented here for you to follow.
5. Manage Additional Columns. Once you have your processed list back, you may be wondering what to do with all the additional columns included in your list file. The Qualified Address Blog will offer some options and other information about your columns.
Once you have accessed the Blog, you can:
a) Type the name of the specific returned column youd like to know about in the Google search box (located in the top right corner of the blog). The search results will likely yield a post in the following format How to Understand Returned Columns [Name of desired column] with a link leading to it.
b) Navigate the blog archive (located on the right column of the blog, directly under About Qualified Address). Click on the name of a month to see old blog posts; for example, clicking on January will bring up all posts written in. Scroll down the list until you find the column you have questions about.
6. Prepare Envelopes for Printing. There are two ways that this can be done, depending on your software. Links to the directions for each type are listed below:
a) If you are using Microsoft Word, go to this blog post: How to Print Barcodes (In Microsoft Word 2007) This will provide step-by-step instructions for Microsoft Word.
b) If you are using OpenOffice.org software, the use this one: How to Print Barcodes (In OpenOffice.org 3.1) This provides instructions for OpenOffice.